Many people are set in their ways about what breakfast should or should not be. I have heard every reason under the sun on why individuals choose to have or choose not to have breakfast. Here are a few of my favorites:
- “I like to use my breakfast making time to sleep in.”
- “I don’t have time to eat a good meal.”
- “I’m just not hungry in the mornings.”
- “I don’t like breakfast food.”
- “I’ve never eaten breakfast.”
I would like to clarify what breakfast is for TCF clients. Breakfast is the first meal of the day, and it does not have to be a specific food or time. It is simply the first meal of the day for you. I do believe that clients can benefit by the timing of when meals take place, but you don’t have to stress. If you are aiming for the 3 TCF Nutritional Goals, you’ll realize that it is vital to start the day off with a quality meal.
Here is an example of a convenient and healthy breakfast.
- All Whites: 100% egg whites
- Bell peppers: yellow, red, orange
- Cooked turkey bacon
- Black pepper
- Onions (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
Tom Campbell Fitness © NCSF – Certified Personal Trainer Starkville, MS